Being a university student and having moved out of my childhood home to live in a whole new city; independently, was a big move and with it came big changes and responsibilities. Cooking home cooked meals was primarily the biggest challenge I had to face. After a month or two I realized I could no longer force myself to eat another dry pre-cooked meal. I started craving for simple home-cooked meals and thus began my extensive research for appliances such as pressure cookers which are hassle-free, fast and easy to use.
It was on this quest that I chanced upon Kuhn Rikon pressure cooker that changed my lifestyle for the better. Like all things, its brand name and shiny, sleek design attracted me to it initially, for it looked nothing like the primitive pressure cookers used at my home. Once it caught my eye, I launched into an extensive research about the product before ultimately settling down to purchase it.
Top Features of Kuhn Rikon:
- The pressure cooker comes with triple overpressure protection and automatic lid lock. Usually one would have to exert pressure to shut the lid close and often times it sits crooked but Kuhn Rikon is automatically locked once the lid is placed atop.
- It comes with a sandwich base i.e. instead of a flat surface it is provided with a curved base which ensures that the heat is spread evenly through its surface.
- Most cookers promise that they consume less energy and are time-friendly but Kuhn Rikon keeps their promise of 70% less energy & time consumption. Cooking any dish takes on this appliance takes half the time that it takes on any other device and follows extreme precision.
- Kuhn Rikon comes in three different sizes which is a very useful feature for you can now choose the utensil according to your need. If you are looking to cook food only for yourself, the smallest (3.7-qt) is the perfect size but if it’s meant for family dinners the biggest size (7.4-qt) is more than adequate.
- The cooker also comes with safety features to make sure it prevents leakage of steam and hot fluids. It makes an effort into being user-friendly as a cooker can be.
Of course, I had my doubts while purchasing the product because being a student I run on a tight budget and cannot afford to make futile extravagant purchases but I was extremely impressed by the product I had received. The product was delivered to my location within 5-6 working days in a neat and damage resistant package. As soon as I got my hands on the cooker I tested it to cook the only thing I could cook with efficiency, rice. To my utter surprise, it took around 7-8 minutes to prepare the dish which I know for a fact took a good 15-20 minutes to cook back at home. Once I was assured of its performance I went ahead to cook dishes such as bean curry, meat, porridge etc and it never disappointed me for once.
- Very user friendly with safety measures installed to prevent any fatal accident.
- Eco friendly and time saving; a lot of us are concerned with the amount of resources we waste day to day and try to look for healthier options, Kuhn Rikon is indispensable when it comes to saving time and resources. Whether you need to hurry home to cook dinner or have an early start it never fails you.
- It comes in three different and useful sizes and can be chosen according to your liking.
- Altitude friendly: Especially for colder parts of the world where it takes eons to cook one simple dish, Kuhn Rikon has your food prepared visibly quicker.
- It takes time to get used to the time settings and all its uses especially if you are new to the whole cooking scene. A few minutes of fluctuation can lead to burning/overcooking of your meal. And since each recipe requires different time settings it is tougher than it looks.
- If any part of the cooker is somehow broken it will be rendered useless.
- The valve cap is made up of plastic which is not immune to damage.
- It may not be as durable or long-lasting as suggested.
A pressure cooker is undeniably a handy device to have at your possession but this Swiss made pressure ticks all the right boxes and even though it may be on the more expensive side it is an indispensible item to have in your kitchen, I know it is for me.